Life skills are integrated as School Health Program for Classes NUR-XII. A robust and structured SHP is in place for classes I to X. Days are allotted for conducting SHP sessions in the academic calendar. Detailed lesson plans are made by counselors for each SHP session.
The Lesson Plans are GUIDED by CBSE ‘LIFE SKILLS’ and ‘SCHOOL HEALTH MANUALS’. The methodology of SHP is Interactive and includes the use of Pictures, Videos, and PowerPoint Presentations etc.
The Modules covered include the following themes:
• Knowing your Body/Self-Awareness/Self-Esteem
• Personal and Environmental Hygiene
• Physical Fitness/Mental Fitness
• Food and Nutrition
• Safety and Responsibility
• Behavioral and Life Skills-Time Management, Substance Abuse Prevention, Study Skills and various Life Skills.