Life skills are integrated as School Health Program for Classes NUR-XII. A robust and structured SHP is in place for classes I to X. Days are allotted for conducting SHP sessions in the academic calendar. Detailed lesson plans are made by counselors for each SHP session.
The Lesson Plans are GUIDED by CBSE ‘LIFE SKILLS’ and ‘SCHOOL HEALTH MANUALS’. The methodology of SHP is Interactive and includes the use of Pictures, Videos, and PowerPoint Presentations etc.
The Modules covered include the following themes:
• Knowing your Body/Self-Awareness/Self-Esteem
• Personal and Environmental Hygiene
• Physical Fitness/Mental Fitness
• Food and Nutrition
• Safety and Responsibility
• Behavioral and Life Skills-Time Management, Substance Abuse Prevention, Study Skills and various Life Skills.
Holistic development aligned with the vision of the school focuses on nurturing of mental, physical, social and emotional well-being
1) Preventive Measures.
Developing soft skills- certain systems have been devised and are constantly modified as per requirements of the new age learners during the following programs
- School health Program
- Life skills Enhancement Program
- Peer Educators Program
- Investiture ceremony.
- Guidance and Counseling
- Personal contact classes
- Resource persons addressing students for different domains
- Mental health on wheels
- Wellness club
- Cyber awareness and safety
- Assemblies and class functions and performances
- Community outreach program
- Alumni connect
2) Curative Measures
CARE- Counseling and academic reinforcement in education.
Beyond Inclusive Education includes maintaining individual records for fostering cocoons into unique butterflies. Some of the common issues are Dyslexia, Autism, Borderline Intelligence, ADHD, slow learner, Physical challenges, and cerebral palsy
- Domains Facilities Provided.
- Academic/ Cognitive Remedial Teaching by trained special educators CBSE grants, benefits and recommendations
- Social Buddy System with safety and environmental concerns
- Emotional Reinforcement and Goal setting
- Behavioral Counseling and assistance.
- Physical Brain Gym , sports, games
- skill Self , Creativity ,safety and global connect
3) Therapeutic Measures
Healing –common issues when nipped in the bid are just part of the journey.
- Behavioral issue Differential reinforcement
- Sadness and depressing Cognitive restructuring
- Learning difficulty Remedial teaching and assistance
- Self esteem issues Mindfulness
- Personality enhancement Eclectic approaches
- Academic issues Goal setting and existential therapy
- Anxiety and fears Cognitive behavioral therapy and systematic desensitization
- Career conflicts Information dissemination and career mapping
- Interpersonal and social issue Dialectic behavior therapy
“It was no less than a magic when I realized my child was not just special, but extra ordinary too. She was unique and CARE helped her to bloom. With the help of the teachers and facilities provided by the school, I found my pearl from the oyster.” Mother of a child with special needs.