DPSG Vasundhara, has always been in a pursuit to encourage talent of all kinds and of all degrees and to stretch the intellectual and creative capacity of the individuals. The school illustrates the inter-relationship of all human knowledge, to foster an appreciation of man’s creative skills and to stimulate a concept of learning as a life long process. The pedagogy of the school thus aims at –
• Stimulating intellectual curiosity
• Directing and exercising the emotions
• Encourage creative, critical, societal and reflective thinking
• Developing an interest in the process and resources of learning and in learning how to learn
• Fostering capacity to tackle a problem and to follow and sustain an argument
• Emphasizing the difference between truth and falsehood and between fact and feeling
This is achieved by the school by inculcating different approaches in the implementation of pedagogy across the various wings.
PEDAGOGY IN ECE WING
EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION is a child centric programme, where learning is fun through activities. The conventional method of teaching is a passé. The children are offered ample opportunities for learning by doing and the progress of the child in closely monitored. There are no formal tests and examinations, no tedious homework to complete at home no odious comparisons within the peer group. It focuses on the holistic development of the child by integrating different skills like language, cognitive, socio-emotional, life skills, gross motor and fine motor through activities keeping in mind the concept of MI (Multiple Intelligence).
This is done through an array of activities like:
• In house Designed Value Driven activity books
• Rhyme and Rhythm and Funtasia are stage presentation which involves singing, dramatization, role play and speaking skills with 100% participation.
• Annual Exhibition – Sandarshika which enhances the creative & fine motor Skills.
• Grandparent’s day which help to build up compassion, empathy & respect for senior citizens.
• Celebrating all the religious festivals in a common forum
• PTSFG (Parent student Fun Games) where parents and their wards play and work together as a team
• Visits & Excursions – co-relating it with the projects of the month, visit to places of worship, post office, vegetable markets etc.
• good habits,
• builds up basic skills necessary for early childhood for personal adjustments,
• emotional maturity by guiding a child to express, understand, accept and control his feelings and emotions.
• Self-awareness and builds up confidence
• Interpersonal and intrapersonal skills in a child
This is achieved by providing a congenial environment to the students through comfortable and colourful classrooms keeping in mind the safety and the security of the child. The teachers are in constant touch with the parents and as a team we go all-out to give the students a comfortable learning atmosphere where he can blossom and spread his wing to reach out for his ultimate goal.
The school takes a step forward and has made inclusive education a part of its normal curriculum.
• Inclusive education – catering to children with ADHD, SLOW LEARNERS, LD, MILD AUTISM, CEREBRAL PALSY, VISUALY IMPAIRED
• 3 COUSELLORS AND 1 SPECIAL EDUCATOR, COLLABORATION WITH NAB, NIPCCD & IBHAAS
To make the teaching learning process interesting and tech savy –
• All classrooms are technology enabled and teacher is provided with laptops.
• Knowledge centre to facilitate technology integration in pedagogy
The innovations in pedagogy is aimed at developing in the school a caring community which is not only equipped with a report card of grades but one of virtues, values and skills so as to create the futuristic generation which lives upto the vision of the school and creates a tomorrow which is a happy blend of values, tradition and technology.